Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day Two - Favorite Movie

Favorite movie of all time? Gotta go with "With Honors". It was released in 1994 while I was in high school. I saw it at Scottsdale Fashion Square with Monica Randall-Esteve and Sarah Christian. We were in the International Baccalaureate program and everyone I knew spent a good deal of time worrying about graduating with honors. I saw a lot of myself in Monty Kessler.

It's funny how much I have changed and how much my outlook on life has changed in these past 16 years. I finished the International Baccalaureate program, I have that diploma someplace...but I never graduated from college, heck, I hardly attended college when I was there (thus the never graduating). I never had a great career, I never cured a disease, and I haven't run for office (probably never will). My life didn't take the path I planned even a little bit.

All of that said, I am a wife and a mother. I have the most amazing husband, a man who loves me, who loves the Lord and who loves our children. He works hard so that I can stay at home and raise our children and he supports me in all that I do...he believes in me and my abilities and potential more than I do most of the time. I have been blessed with two beautiful little boys. Punk is smart, caring, and has a wonderful sweetness about him, he learns something new everyday and it is such a joy to be his mother. Bug is such a good baby and I am so looking forward to being there as he grows and we get to learn his personality. I may never do anything the world would consider significant, but I know that if I work to be a good wife and to raise smart, responsible, loving children, I will graduate this life with honors for eternity.

No comments: