Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day Four - Favorite Book

I love to read, unfortunately with two small children I don't get to do much of it...like really any at all. Luckily I did a lot of reading pre-babies.

My favorite book as an adult, one I read regularly, is "How Ronald Reagan Changed My Life" by Peter Robinson. Mr. Robinson was a speech writer for Reagan and gives amazing insight into the Reagan years. I am struck often that the influence that President Reagan had on me, through his presidency and his public persona, is not really that different from the influence that President Reagan had on Mr. Robinson who knew him personally. That, to me, speaks to President Reagan's ability to be genuine in his public persona. When we lost President Reagan, I mourned, when I read Mr. Robinson's words regarding President Reagan, I rejoice in knowing that we were blessed to have Ronald Reagan as a part of our history and that so many of us were able to be shaped by his influence.

As a child my favorite book was "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton. I could read it in just a couple of hours and I read it at least once a year from the time I was about 10 until I was probably about 22...I should find a copy of it...I think I could get through it during a good nap from the boys...

No comments: