Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day One - Favorite Song

I have a lot of favorite songs. I've got songs that make me happy because they bring back memories, I've got songs that make me happy because my son sings them, songs that remind me of my family, songs that just make me want to jump around and dance, and songs that inspire me. On my wall in my home I have quotes, one of those quotes is the chorus from this song:



This song, "Dream Big" by Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband, does several things for me, it brings back memories (the first time I saw Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband was when I was attending college in Provo, UT) but most importantly this song inspires me and reminds me that my dreams CAN come true, a lesson I am trying to teach not only to myself but my two growing sons as well. I hope they always feel like they live in a home in a place where they can "Dream Big" and that their dreams can and will come true with the help of their parents and the Lord.

Special Recognition in the "Favorite Song" category has to go to my favorite hymn, "How Firm a Foundation" (which is hymn number 85 in the LDS Hymnal). "How Firm a Foundation" speaks directly to me and to my family situation, and reminds me that the Lord is with us no matter where we are and He will buoy us up in any time, place, or situation we may find ourselves in as long as we have faith and lean on Him.

No comments: