Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day Seven - A Song The Reminds You of a Certain Event

Where were you?

As I was living in the west, I was sleeping...until the second tower was hit, then my phone started ringing.  I watched the towers fall on live TV.  I have never been to New York, I didn't know anyone personally living there, but I cried anyway.  My country was under attack, innocent people were dying, my safety had been threatened for the first time in my life.  There were bad people in the world before that, but they were "out there" somewhere, not on my airplanes, in my country, attacking civilians.  I realized shortly after (like within hours of the attacks) that any change for the negative would be letting the bad guys win, so I made a decision that I would not be scared, I would just be strong, patriotic, and proud of my freedoms, I am that person today and I will be that person forever, consciously, because of that day.

No comments: