Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Little Victories....

Okay, so I know that I am 30 and I have been doing my own laundry for a LONG time, but I still really suck at it, I have a hard time figuring out how to get stains out and if the stain is set in at all, forget it, I just replace the item of clothing...

So today I discovered a shirt that I got grease (cooking grease, the bain of my existance) on when I was in Phoenix in December, apparently I set it aside when I took it off to have my mom help me get the stain out and it never got washed. Well, I treated the very large, very set in grease stain with dishwashing soap and VERY hot water, then I washed the shirt in the washing machine as normal. I pulled the shirt out and air dried it (figuring if I didn't get all of the stain that setting it in further with the dryer would definitely make it impossible to get out) and guess what? I got the stain out! It is a little victory, but it feels like I took a giant step closer to being a better homemaker and mommy and as, right now, that is my life's work, well, let's just say it made my day!

2 comments:

Kenna said...

Right on!!!

Edna Guerrero said...

WOW! I would have never thought to use dishwashing soap. Thanks for that useful tip. You Rock!!