Friday, August 13, 2010

Day Three - Favorite TV Program

This is a super hard one for me. If you know me, you know I love just about everything cooking competition...that means that I am currently DVRing Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen (season just ended), Master Chef, and Next Food Network Star, I also try to catch Chopped regularly.

My love of food means that I also watch Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives on a regular basis and I try to eat at the restaurants featured on the show whenever possible.

One of my favorite shows of all time was the short lived Firefly. The series was masterfully written by Joss Whedon (of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel fame) and artfully acted by an amazing cast headed by Nathan Fillion.

Nathan Fillion is currently in an amazing crime drama called Castle (so well written you would think Joss Whedon had a hand in writing the dialogue), you will also find it in my DVR list (crime drama's were HUGE on my list of favorite TV until I had children).

Probably my favorite thing on TV right now is actually found on the Disney Channel. Phineas and Ferb is an animated masterpiece showcasing two step brothers in their quest to have "the best day ever" and to fill the "104 days of summer vacation" while their sister Candace tries to bust them and their pet platypus Perry runs off to fight the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz as his alter ego Agent P. Sounds totally hokey right? Well, it is, in the most endearing way! The show is well written, appropriate for children and still peppered with great jokes that only the parents will really get and new catchy tunes every episode (when my phone rings you will hear either Squirrels in my Pants or Little Brothers and there is a whole library of other musical gems). The characters are endearing, from the silent Perry, to the verbose Candace, and from the mostly silent Ferb (a very "Silent Bob" type of character), to the lovable and incredibly intelligent Phineas. I think there is something for everyone in Phineas and Ferb, it's a totally enjoyable experience from two to ninety-two!

No comments: