Friday, September 28, 2012

Holy Long Time Batman!

It's been ages since I blogged a single thing...there is good reason!  We have MOVED!  All the way across the country to Hampton, VA!  Bobby finished an eight and a half month deployment in August and the kiddos and I met him here in VA to start our east coast adventure.  We will be here at least 2 years and are happy to be getting settled into our lovely rental home.

We are working very hard to make our new house a home.  We have a lot of stuff and much of it has been in storage for years, so we are weeding through stuff we haven't seen in a while.  The kids are loving getting reacquainted with toys they haven't seen in a while.  I am loving getting rid of stuff we no longer need (I know we should be getting rid of more faster, but it's a step in the right direction).  Our new place has a formal dining room...I know, what the heck am I going to do with that, right?...well, what I'm going to do with it is have a CRAFT ROOM for the first time in my life!  I'm so excited and when I finally get it all put together I'll post pics.  It also means that there will probably be a lot more actual crafting going on which I can just about guarantee will mean some more blogging from me...for the five people that might still care!

My boys are growing like weeds and are more fun AND more challenge every single day.  They have had to deal with a lot of changes.  They are missing their grandparents, great grandparents, cousins, Uncle Duane and Aunt April, but I can tell you it is their Uncle Ryan they have the hardest time not having around.  Ryan was awesome and made the drive out here from Phoenix with us and the kids got pretty used to him being there.  Punk asks pretty often about going to the "yellow house" which is where we lived in Phoenix and he asks about his cousins often, he also still asks regularly about his friends from WA.  It breaks my heart that my little man is finally at the age where he misses his friends when we move, but we are working on making new friends...him and I both.

This is the first move where I've had a hard time as well.  Luckily I do have a couple of friends here (people who moved with the boat from WA), but this move has definitely been the hardest one in a long while in the friend department for me...thank goodness for the internet, Facebook, and Pinterest which keep me feeling closer to my friends that are far away.

Okay, enough for now...but expect that you will be hearing more from me in the near future.

1 comment:

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

glad to see you are back to blogging. I miss hearing from you other than your facebook posts. Hope your two little ones are finished with having yucky tummies. Yay for a craft room!